Monday, May 28, 2007

give me a reason.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I wanted to be a doctor. I always did. Why? Because I wanted to help people in remote places and bring them food and medicine and clean drinking water.

And then suddenly, nurses became in demand in foreign countries. You can also have a nice salary. So they wanted me to become a nurse.

And then I thought, I'm going to be a nurse for all the wrong reasons. Whatever happened to the saving lives and people thing? My reason for being a nurse is to earn a good salary. But what about the dream I had where I get to treat people for the sake of treating them? Isn't that the moral thing to do?

I'm going to be a doctor but not after I become a nurse. And I'm doing it because I want to help and make a difference.

I'm going to do it for myself, for my self-fulfillment and not for other reasons people want.

Gagradweyt din ako.

Wait and see. :D

**

Ang drama no? Pero I was getting tired of people pressuring me to be a nurse para daw magkapera. It's too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home